Some of the best things in life come with a cherry on top, but why not make them even better by making the filling out of cherries, too?! We can’t get enough of cherry pies, so we decided to create this easy, but extremely delicious cherry pie recipe for you!
Tip: Keep this recipe handy because you’re going to want to make this again and again!
- 1 Cup cold butter, cubed 1
- ½ Cup whole grain flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar ¼ Tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp ice cold water + more if needed
- 3 ½ Cup cherries, pitted
- ½ Cup coconut sugar + 1 Tbsp to sprinkle
- 5 Tbsp tapioca flour/ starch
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 Tbsp butter, cubed
1. In a food processor add flour, sugar and salt and pulse a few times to combine. Add butter and pulse the mixture until coarse crumbs form. Mixture should remain dry and powdery. Add water and pulse just until moist clumps or small balls form. Press a piece of dough between your finger tips and if the dough sticks together, you have added enough water. If not, add more water.
2. Transfer dough to a clean work surface, and gather dough together into a ball. Divide dough in half and flatten to form 2 disks. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and tapioca.
4. In a large bowl, mix together cherries, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Sprinkle on the dry mixure and stir until evenly moist.
5. Roll the first pie crust disk into a circle bigger than the pie pan and transfer it into the pan. The edges should hang a little over the edge of the pan. Pour the cherry mixture over the bottom crust along with any accumulated juices. Dot with Butter.
6. Roll the second crust into a circle with the dimensions of the pie pan. Use a pizza cutter to slice into 10 strips. Create a lattice crust over the top. Tuck in the excess dough at edges then pinch the edges to seal or crimp edges if desired. Sprinkle the top with coconut sugar. Refrigerate pie 1 hour or freeze 30 minutes, while preheating oven to 400 F.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
That’s it! I hope you enjoyed this delicious cherry pie reciPE!
About the recipe creator:
My name is Nevyana Dimitrova and I am a 25-year-old food photographer and creator of colorful healthy food recipes. I love cooking and telling stories through food and photos. I also love to travel. Currently, I live in Bulgaria, but I always have a plan to go somewhere new. However, in my heart, I’ll always be attached to my Bulgarian roots, as there is this a certain magic, that we have here.